Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Sunday, December 8, 2013
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 8 oz of coconut milk (I use light)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I tried it with non-fat)
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- some fresh grated ginger (you can omit this….I did)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the top of a double boiler, combine egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, cook over lightly simmering water until mixture reaches a temperature of 160 degrees F. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, and add cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, rum cloves, cinnamon,ginger and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into glass bottles, and chill overnight.
- Decorate your house in wild Christmas colors. You will. Promise.
Monday, November 25, 2013
Fall flowers awaiting their Thanksgiving debut
in a vintage champagne bucket
Ilex, croton from the garden…and orange tulips from afar
Paper white bulbs….
slowly opening and unfurling for winter
I love collecting thrift store trophy bowls and loving cups through the year
and planting the narcissus in them
easy….and so winter in the tropics to me!
“Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.”
Saturday, November 16, 2013
As big as an airplane
That would be our powder room.
Took me 4 minutes to paint it including priming and getting the mail.
When just the Mexican star is lit….It feels like the night sky.
A fave snap of Picaso on the beach
brought to Staples and made into an engineering print
Benjamin Moore Hale Navy on the teensy walls.
just need to place this suggestion somewhere…
Apparently tight spaces can be confusing…